Identity Theft: Reduce Your Risk of Becoming a Victim
Just a friendly note from your US Government…
Up to 9 million Americans have their identities stolen each year. Although nothing can guarantee that you won’t become a victim, there are things you can do to help minimize your risk, including:
- Guarding your Social Security number.
- Shredding documents with personal information before disposing of them.
- Using intricate passwords.
- Verifying a source before sharing any personal information.
- Being on the lookout for online scammers and thieves.
- Keeping your purse, wallet, and personal information secure.